1. Everyone eats during class.
2. The food they eat: couscous salads, granola, salads, home-made sandwiches with whole wheat bread, pita and hummus, vegetable medleys.. you get the idea.
3. It’s normal to carry drinks to class in Nalgenes, Siggs, mason jars, and other random glass containers.
4. Guys love wearing plaid, love not shaving, and love growing out their hair. Really going for that lumberjack look.
5. More backpacks than totes: a phenomenon I have not witnessed since middle school.
6. All my classes are 90% female.
7. Yarn-knit beanies are a thing.
8. Bootcut jeans are also a thing.
9. Why would you take the T to school when you can bike?
10. Everyone hangs their school IDs on a lanyard or on their front pockets. It really is freshman year all over again.